Path of Excellence Award
International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame
The International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame recognizes there are entities that have played a prominent role in the growth and development of the sport of skydiving making them worthy of special recognition.
- Since 2010 as part of the International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame (ISM) awareness and fund raising effort, the ISM has each year held a weekend event celebrating the sport and history of skydiving. During this event the ISM has inducted individuals to the Hall of Fame and presented other awards for significant contributions to the sport of skydiving and/or the ISM.
- Each year, except 2011, an award designated as the “Honoree” Award has been given to a group or individual that has contributed to the sport of skydiving in extraordinary ways.
- The award originated as an opportunity to engage a larger audience to attend the weekend event and broaden the awareness of the ISM in the skydiving community.
- The Path of Excellence Award replaces the Honoree Award and creates a more prestigious award in both name and distinction.
- The Path of Excellence Award is specifically for entities – groups, companies, organizations or teams for significant contribution(s) of enduring high value to the world of skydiving.
Eligible candidates include teams, companies, organizations or groups that have made exceptional and noteworthy contribution(s) to sport of skydiving in the form of development, evolution and preservation of skydiving through
- Performance and/or Competitive Excellence
- Sponsorship and/or Philanthropy
In 2018, the Award will be presented at the International Skydiving Hall of Fame Celebration at Skydive City in Zephyrhills on Friday afternoon (November 2) before the Welcome BBQ. There will also be a Tribute Jump honoring the Path of Excellence Awardee.
An approximately 12” x 18” representative paver will be presented to the Path of Excellence Awardee Representative(s) along with a plaque or framed certificate. Another paver will be permanently displayed along the ISM Path of Excellence at the International Skydiving Museum. The size and appearance to be determined with the design of the ISM building.