International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame
The International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame recognizes there are entities that have played a prominent role in the growth and development of the sport of skydiving making them worthy of special recognition.
- Since 2010 as part of the International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame (ISM) awareness and fundraising effort, the ISM has each year held a weekend event celebrating the sport and history of skydiving. During this event, the ISM has inducted individuals to the Hall of Fame and presented other awards for significant contributions to the sport of skydiving and/or the ISM.
- Each year, except 2011, an award designated as the “Honoree” Award has been given to a group or individual that has contributed to the sport of skydiving in extraordinary ways.
- The Path of Excellence Award is specifically for entities – groups, companies, organizations or teams for significant contribution(s) of enduring high value to the world of skydiving. In 2021, the Pioneers of Excellence Award has been added to recognize entities that contributed in the 70's and before.
Eligible candidates include teams, companies, organizations or groups that have made exceptional and noteworthy contribution(s) to the sport of skydiving in the form of development, evolution and preservation of skydiving through
The 2021 Path of Excellence and Pioneers of Excellence Awards will be presented at the 2021 International Skydiving Hall of Fame Celebration at Skydive Perris, October 8, The 2020 Path of Excellence Award will be presented at the 2022 International Skydiving Hall of Fame Celebration at Skydive DeLand in DeLand, Florida (Date to be announced).
An approximately 12” x 18” representative paver will be presented to the Path of Excellence Awardee Representative(s) along with a plaque or framed certificate. Another paver will be permanently displayed along the ISM Path of Excellence at the International Skydiving Museum. The size and appearance to be determined with the design of the ISM building.
Path of Excellence Recipients (formerly called the "Honoree" Award)
- 2010 Joe Kittinger
- 2012 Star Crest Recipients Program (SCR), administered by Bill Newell
- 2013 Lew Sanborn
- 2014 U.S. Army Parachute Team, the Golden Knights
- 2015 National Collegiate Parachuting
- 2016 Parachutist Over Phorty Society (POPS) and its member organizations
- 2017 PIA and its Founding Members
- 2018 1988 Seoul Olympic Skydiving Exhibition Team
- 2019 100-Way Canopy Large Formation World Record
- 2020 World Team 2006 - 400-Way Largest Formation World Record
Deadline for nominations is March 1 of each year.
Nominations not selected will remain on file for future consideration.