Please help us congratulating Museum Trustee, Marylou Laughlin, who has been awarded the FAI Bronze Medal. This Medal was established by the FAI in June 1962. It may be awarded annually, upon nomination by the Secretary General to a person having rendered eminent services to the FAI in administrative work, in Commissions or Committees, or in the organization of FAI sporting events. (The FAI Bronze Award is the second award presented in the video below)
Marylou was nominated for unsurpassed selfless contributions to the sport of skydiving and FAI as a leader, competitor, judge and U.S. representative within the international skydiving community. The was particularly evident when, in addition to her role as Meet Director, she also took on the role of ISC Liaison Officer following critical organizational problems and brilliantly master-minded the organization of the Canopy Piloting event at the 2022 World Games that were held in Birmingham, Alabama last July.
Marylou started skydiving in 1988. She has ferociously advocated for the sport and built upon our competition history. Earning her D license in the same year she began, Marylou has more than 4,400 skydives to date and still counting! She served as the delegate to the International Parachuting Commission, was the Chair of the CF Committee and also Vice President. She is well respected and well loved by her colleagues and peers. Marylou is Secretary for the Board of Trustees of the International Skydiving Museum and serves on the Board's Executive Committee. She is also chair of the museum's Path of Excellence/Pioneers of Excellence Committee and co-chair of the Nominations & Elections Committee and a member of the Development and Events Committees. Marylou dominates other activities as well holding a private pilot’s license and a PADI Advanced Open-Water certificate. An energetic and positive skydiver, Marylou continues to improve the sport and help push the boundaries for a bright future in skydiving competitions around the world!
In brief :
- U.S. Parachute Team Member - Paraski and Style and Accuracy
- USPA National Judge: Accuracy Landing, Canopy Formation, Canopy Piloting, Formation Skydiving, Style
- Advisor to Canopy Piloting Committee for International Skydiving Commission
- Past Vice President for International Skydiving Commission
- World Records Judge
- Chief Judge for Canopy Piloting at the 2020 FAI World Parachuting Championships – Mondial
- FAI Judge in Canopy Piloting
- Former FAI Canopy Formation Committee Chair
- FAI Leonardo Da Vinci Diploma recipient
- ISC appointed Meet Director for Canopy Piloting at The World Games 2022, Birmingham (USA)
Reach out and congratulate Marylou!