ONCE A NOMINATION IS MADE, THE HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE WILL RETAIN IT ON FILE FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION. ALL NOMINATIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL.
Please contact Nancy Kemble, Museum Administrator, to find out if an individual has been nominated.
The Selection Committee is chaired by the Hall of Fame Committee chair and comprised of the following members:
- The International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame trustees who comprise the voting members of the Hall of Fame Committee.
- One member of the U.S. Parachute Association board of directors [not also a Museum trustee] selected by that organization’s governing body.
- One member of the Parachute Industry Association’s governing body [not also a Museum trustee] selected by that organization’s governing body.
- Two Hall of Fame inductees [also not Museum trustees] selected by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee chair with the concurrence of the Skydiving Museum president.
- The Selection Committee chair shall determine the members of the Selection Committee and advise the Skydiving Museum board by December 31.
- The selection of inductees will be made by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee and ratified by the International Skydiving Museum Board of Trustees.
- The Selection Committee shall meet annually, either in person (preferably) or via electronic conferencing methods to vote on the list of candidates. The meeting will be closed.
- At least two weeks prior to the annual meeting of the Selection Committee, the museum administrator will ensure that all completed nominations submitted by December 31 are available for the committee’s review.
- All members of the Selection Committee may annually fully vet and propose up to five names from the list of nominees for consideration for induction into the Hall of Fame.
- After discussion of the candidates’ qualifications, the Selection Committee members will be asked to submit to the chairman a rank ordered list of up to five candidates, with the ranking five being the highest and one the lowest. The ranking of each will be added and the candidate(s) with the highest totals will become the inductees submitted to the International Skydiving Museum Board of Trustees for ratification. The committee may select no more than five nominees or less than one from the list. Initial straw polling may be used by the chairman in order to ensure thorough consideration of all nominees.
Each inductee will receive a plaque and a Hall of Fame blazer. Additionally, the inductees will be suitably recognized in a permanent Hall of Fame gallery in the Skydiving Museum.
There will be an annual Museum hosted and organized event dedicated to the recognition of the inductee(s). This event should also serve as a major fundraising event for the Skydiving Museum.
During the ceremony, each inductee will be presented to the Hall of Fame by a person or persons of his choice, subject to review and approval by the Hall of Fame Committee chair. Each presenter and each inductee will have three to five minutes for their presentation/induction.
If no name is provided by the inductee, the Hall of Fame Committee chair will select an individual to make the presentation.
Initial funding shall be provided by the Skydiving Museum. However, additional and sustained funding should be by endowment.
Recommended forms for nomination and the list of past awardees are available from the Museum office and/or website.
*Amendments: The International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame Board of Trustees and the Nominating Committee of the International Skydiving Hall of Fame reserves the right to revoke, alter or amend these rules at any time.