Criteria for Selection
Criteria for Selection to the Hall of Fame
ONCE A NOMINATION IS MADE, THE HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE WILL RETAIN IT ON FILE FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION.
The International Skydiving Hall of Fame recognizes those individuals who through leadership, innovation and/or outstanding achievements, have defined, promoted, and advanced skydiving at the highest and sustained levels such that they have made it possible for generations of skydivers to enjoy the sport.
Criteria for Admission
In addition to the general criteria stated above, nominees and inductees must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Have actively participated in the sport as a member of an International Parachuting Commission (IPC) – affiliated skydiving association.
- Made major contributions to the sport in at least three of the following skydiving related areas:
- Competition [to include judging]
- Design, Invention and/or Manufacturing
- Sport promotion [to include government liaison]
- May be living or posthumous.
How Nominations can Be Made
Nominations may be made by individuals or by representatives of organizations or groups. Candidates may not nominate themselves.
- All nominations must follow the steps listed in the approved nomination form.
- All nominations must be typed or clearly written and as concise as possible.
- Nominations must be received by December 31 for consideration by the Selection Committee as its meeting in the following year.
- Once a nomination is received, it will remain on file for consideration
- Be certain to fill out the form completely and to sign the form where requested. Unsigned forms will not be considered, nor will forms which do not meet the technical standards set forth above.
- If the candidate for nomination is still living, it is recommended, although not required, that the preparer of the form check with the candidate in advance of the submission to insure the completeness and accuracy of the information presented.
Please contact Nancy Kemble, Museum Administrator, to find out if an individual has been nominated.