Celebration Weekend Sponsors
Celebration Weekend Past Venues and Sponsors
The Celebration Weekend is an annual event travelling around the country to celebrate the legends of skydiving. It is a weekend skydiving event celebrating skydiving’s rich history, increasing visibility of skydiving and the National Skydiving Museum, and showcasing some of today’s most talented members of the skydiving community. All of the weekend’s events will be fundraisers helping to raise the necessary funds to build (and later maintain) the museum.
- In 2010, the National Skydiving Museum held its inaugural Celebration Weekend fundraiser that included a host of skydiving events honoring Joe Kittinger and its first Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony – inducting 11 legends of our sport at a local hotel. The event raised more than $100,000. Skydive DeLand graciously sponsored the event. More than 300 people from around the country joined the celebration.
- In 2011, the museum held a formal Legend Reception and Hall of Fame Dinner and Induction Ceremony event at the historic Reagan National Airport Historic Terminal A in Washington DC. It was a spectacular sight watching planes take off and land as we proudly welcomed six exceptional new members to the Skydiving Hall of Fame.
- In 2012, Skydive Arizona hosted a full weekend of jumping activities celebrating 45 years of the SCR awards and the early years of relative work. The hangar at the dropzone was transformed into a wonderful venue for a gala reception and dinner and seven extraordinary individuals were inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- In 2013, the weekend gala was hosted by Skydive Chicago and celebrated the Legend, D-1, Lew Sanborn, and his retirement from jumping after 65 years. In about 15 minutes, the hangar went from a world-class skydiving facility to a first-class banquet room setting. The evening was a huge success with six new members being welcomed into the Hall of Fame.
- 2014 at Skydive Raeford celebrated the U.S. Army Parachute Team and their more than 50 years of contribution to our sport. And on Saturday night we once again honor the new Hall of Fame Inductees.
Now it is time to get involved again. Join us at Skydive Arizona, October 6,7,8,9 for our 7th Annual Celebration Weekend. This year we are celebrating the Parachutist Over Phorty Society (POPS) and their member organization for their more than 50 years of contribution to our sport. On Saturday night we will once again honor the new Hall of Fame Inductees.